Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 8: Inspirations in the smallest of packages..

So today was not all that expiring. Went to Sam's club and Costco(bought some healthy stuff for the week though) came home, had some Oreos( I know that is not a great choice but they were so DELISOUS!!!) kind of just hung out, waiting for brad to get home. My mom then asked me if I could do her a favor and take my sister to these gymnastics classes. Here is the story with my younger sister, If you know here you know she was a team gymnast, if you dont know her well first off she is all of like four foot four and like 85 lbs, second, she was a level five competitive gymnast. She was going on almost four years of gymnastics when this summer she decided to walk away, and for pretty good reasons. This summer the gym she goes to got new coaches. Now don't get me wrong, gymnastics is a very hard sport, an you have to be pushed to succeed. However, when you tell a 12 year old girl she looks like a dead fish flopping on the ground, well not only are you rude but your a word I don't care to say on my blog. After two or three months of Sierra coming home from practice because her coaches were not only making her "condition" harder then most Olympic gymnasts, but there was a new insult every night(if you would like the list i kept, we can discuss it further) we sat down as a family and decided she would take time off. She has been really happy ever since quiting, but has missed this sport she has done almost all her life. So she went back tonight just to do rec classes. This is where my inspiration came in, She walked in and although all her friends were happy to see her, those same coaches that were the reason she left just glared at her and me. But she tumbled an worked out and had a great time. In the car on the way home she said the greatest thing "I'm not going to let some dumb coach ruin MY sport" she inspired me so much i decided to return back to gymnastics next week with her to the classes I use to take. When you look for inspiration in your everyday life, you find it in even the smallest of places, and Little's of accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment